- Performs well in marine applications whether wet or dry
- Highly reflective
- High durability
- Can be hand-cut or die-cut according to relevant regulation, standard or IMO-specification
- Conforms to Marine Equipment Directive 96/98/EC and International Maritime Organization (IMO) Resolution A.658(16) Annex 2
- Is approved by the U.S. Coast Guard to meet 46 CFR part 164, Subpart 164.018 for Type I and II retroreflective material used to enhance visibility of life-saving equipment at night time or in low-light conditions
The 3M™ Scotchlite™ Reflective Material Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) grade products are intended for reflectorizing SOLAS life support equipment such as life vests, jackets and rafts. The 3M™ Scotchlite™ Reflective Material SOLAS 3150-A is fitted with a pressure sensitive adhesive.
When properly used, 3M™ Scotchlite™ Reflective Material helps enhance wearer visibility at night time or in low light conditions when illuminated by a light source by returning the light back toward the original source. The 3M™ Scotchlite™ Reflective Material Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) 3150-A includes a SOLAS-A symbol and a ship’s wheel, in a repeating pattern, in order to identify it as material designed for use in SOLAS applications according to the International Maritime Organization (IMO) Res. A 658 (16).
- Designed for use with life support equipment such as life vests, jackets and rafts