Noah's Photo Gallery

Our customers projects


25s.jpg
204 viewsThis skeg is nice and straight. I adjusted the pattern to the actual hull shape so the fit is good and there is no need to fill.

I added a couple strips of fiberglass on the side for added strength. I had installed the stern seat already so I had to access the screws through the openings for the watertight compartment. Not much fun but George and I got it done, I was not quite strong enough to get the screw on at that angle. Got everything glued, screwed and clamped to get a nice perpendicular skeg.
00000
(0 votes)
26s.jpg
197 viewsSanding, sanding, sanding . . .00000
(0 votes)
27s.jpg
197 viewsFirst coat of primer on my little Skerry boat.00000
(0 votes)
28s.jpg
201 viewsThe primer has dried and now I take most of it off. Funny how that works. Went around and filled a couple of holes, then you guessed it, I sanded it.00000
(0 votes)
29s.jpg
214 viewsI had planned to continue priming and sanding and improving the finish, but it looks like we are getting busy so I decided to accept a less than perfect finish, or rather a less than not quite perfect finish, in exchange for sooner in the water.

First coat of paint.
00000
(0 votes)
30s.jpg
254 viewsGunnels get 3 coats of resin, then 7 of varnish.

Back to my favourite, sanding. This time the inside gets the attention. Its harder to reach too. Eventually I put countless coats of varnish.

The covers for the buoyancy chambers get screwed in with waterproof goo in between.

I sprinkled some no skid finish in the last coat of varnish on the bottom and first board. I don't intend to put floorboards so its safer in a boat if its not to be too slippery.
00000
(0 votes)
31s.jpg
rudder construction216 viewsA couple of coats of epoxy on inside parts of the rudder. The paler coloured plywood is Russian ply. It is heavier than Mokume plywood and that was good for the rudder.00000
(0 votes)
32s.jpg
rudder construction242 viewsRudder detail, Russian ply proved to be very good and I would use it again with no hesitations.
I have since made another hole on the opposite side to install a pull up string. See Below for details.
00000
(0 votes)
33s.jpg
rudder construction223 viewsDry assembly of modified rudder. I filed a groove in the rudder and cut a notch to allow the rope to freely pass through. I will place a cleat possibly in the front if it looks appropriate, otherwise on the back. I think it will be easier to access.00000
(0 votes)
34s.jpg
rudder construction223 viewsNeeds sanding and its ready for its first coat of paint.00000
(0 votes)
35s.jpg
209 viewsFirst finish coat of paint00000
(0 votes)
36s.jpg
242 viewsAfter wild scampering to get all the little bits together I was ready for a first try in the lake.

We managed to get Cricket out of the living room to the car and tied her to the rack. We had to add some 2x4s to the rack so it would be wide enough. Finally we made it to the Lake (Lake Ontario)
00000
(0 votes)
39 files on 4 page(s) 3