Noah's Photo Gallery

Our customers projects

Last additions
32s.jpg
rudder construction176 viewsRudder detail, Russian ply proved to be very good and I would use it again with no hesitations.
I have since made another hole on the opposite side to install a pull up string. See Below for details.
Aug 03, 2013
31s.jpg
rudder construction148 viewsA couple of coats of epoxy on inside parts of the rudder. The paler coloured plywood is Russian ply. It is heavier than Mokume plywood and that was good for the rudder.Aug 03, 2013
30s.jpg
188 viewsGunnels get 3 coats of resin, then 7 of varnish.

Back to my favourite, sanding. This time the inside gets the attention. Its harder to reach too. Eventually I put countless coats of varnish.

The covers for the buoyancy chambers get screwed in with waterproof goo in between.

I sprinkled some no skid finish in the last coat of varnish on the bottom and first board. I don't intend to put floorboards so its safer in a boat if its not to be too slippery.
Aug 03, 2013
29s.jpg
146 viewsI had planned to continue priming and sanding and improving the finish, but it looks like we are getting busy so I decided to accept a less than perfect finish, or rather a less than not quite perfect finish, in exchange for sooner in the water.

First coat of paint.
Aug 03, 2013
28s.jpg
138 viewsThe primer has dried and now I take most of it off. Funny how that works. Went around and filled a couple of holes, then you guessed it, I sanded it.Aug 03, 2013
27s.jpg
131 viewsFirst coat of primer on my little Skerry boat.Aug 03, 2013
26s.jpg
132 viewsSanding, sanding, sanding . . .Aug 03, 2013
25s.jpg
141 viewsThis skeg is nice and straight. I adjusted the pattern to the actual hull shape so the fit is good and there is no need to fill.

I added a couple strips of fiberglass on the side for added strength. I had installed the stern seat already so I had to access the screws through the openings for the watertight compartment. Not much fun but George and I got it done, I was not quite strong enough to get the screw on at that angle. Got everything glued, screwed and clamped to get a nice perpendicular skeg.
Aug 03, 2013
24s.jpg
182 viewsMiddle and front seatsAug 03, 2013
23s.jpg
143 viewsFillets done and hole for flotation compartmentAug 03, 2013
22s.jpg
138 viewsSanding sternAug 03, 2013
21s.jpg
131 viewsStarted fitting the seats. I had not cut the front seat very well. I will have to check the plans. The middle seat was also too large. This is definitely a discrepancey between the plans and the measurements. The stern seat was relatively good and will go in with a minimum of coercion. They were all too big so I'm wondering if the plans I got had been reproduced / photocopied correctly.Aug 03, 2013
321 files on 27 page(s) 6