Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Graduate Dingy

Graduate Dingy

Hello everyone,

Joe here. Just joined. Moving to a new house in a couple of months and will finally have my own workshop space. The boat dream is back on. I'm planning on building a dingy; if possible I'm going to try to make a Graduate.

I'm going to have a trial of a time getting materials and bits and bobs because I live in South Korea, but it wont be the first time I've done some things with ply and epoxy (made a wooden sink for my sister in law last year).

I've had a bit of a search for stitch and glue plans for a Graduate, but no luck. Do any of you have any leads?

Appreciate your help,

Joe

Oh gosh. Spoke too soon. Have found out that plans are available from a contact at the Graduate Dingy Association. I don't know what build type the plans are for, so I'll call the guy tonight. If anyone knows any specifically stitch-and-glue plans I'd still be interested. Will be back with more questions.

Joe

Thanks,

I had a quick look, and it looks great. In the meantime I've arranged to get the Graduate plans from the graduate dinghy association. The guy says the plans aren't stitch and glue, but pretty similar (built on a spine, ply and epoxy). Sounds fun.

My brother is recommending I don't go with the Graduate as my wife has never sailed before and he reckons its best to start her on something easy rather than something fast and choppy. I'll see.

Thanks again for your help,

Joe