Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: play house

kentkath@eaarthlink.net Guest

Dear boatbuilder et al, I would like to have my husband build a noahs ark play house. When I read the ad in "Messing About in Boats", I thought it was for plans for building a playhouse that is like a noahs ark. Do you have such a plan? Thanks. Kathy

I think God did the original plans for the Ark, so you would have to check with HIM.

Wink

40 cubits by ..............

Talking

Hey Kathy, a serious suggestion. From your post I gather that your husband is a woodworker already. It would not be hard to make plywood frames to the basic lines and lapstrake with 1/4 plywood strips. Since it is a playhouse and not a boat there is no concern for it to be seaworthy.
    I believe if your husband is a fair to middlin' wooder he can build it by sight.
    Like I said, it ain't got to float, just look kinda like it wood.
    Unusual this question came up. I purchased an old lugger style boat last week and am in the process of getting it ready to put it in the water. It is about 70 years old and was probably an oyster boat as it has a relatively shallow draft, about 3 feet, for a 39 foot boat. Has beautiful lines and the design is such that if it was a double ender it would almost look like an Ark.
    I am 'splash zoning' the bottom to fill the putty bug damage. Then I'll bring it around to the house where I can work on the topsides at my lesiure. I'll pull it again about Oct '01 and start replacing planks. Figure in about 3 pulls over three years I can have the bottom from the water line down replanked.
    I guess you just really have to love this kinda stuff to do it. Please tell me it's so!
    If I can help any with your Ark design email me pelican@zebra.net . Will be glad to help if I can. Richard