Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

glueing rubber to metal

whats the best way?

tks
    Last edited by paulmars; 05-24-2013 at 06:41 PM.

My suggestion would be Sikaflex 292 high strength adhesive, this is a moisture cure Polyurethane rubber so would flex with your rubber. For low stress applications just sand the metal with course paper, and stick together with a liberal application of Sikaflex, clamp just hard enough so the adhesive squeezes out of the joint. For higher stress bonds use Sika Primer 206GP on the metal, for Aluminum acid etch and wash before priming.

gluing rubber tire to metal wheel on a cylinder or reel lawn mower

I been wondering how to hold the rubber on the wheel while the glue dries. With Contact Sement, that is not an issue. What will be an issue if i use CS, is getting it on there straight and lined up properly as it 1st makes contact.

From the lady I fix this for:

I bash that mower around the yard like nobodyís business. Talk about self-propelled, sometimes I push it as hard as I can under the grapefruit tree so it comes out the other side cutting. I run over whatever is in my way. I run it backwards and forwards. I run it along the grass at the edge of the sidewalk. The grass slopes there, so I have to mow it at an angle, with one wheel on the concrete. When I mow, I zoom. I want to get it done as fast as possible. Itís how I roll.

I will add that her yard is very big.

pa

pc-7

epoxy pc-7 will that work? and Lacquer Thinner to clean the contact surfaces?

contact cement?

better pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

Try Sikaflex 292, polyurethane rubber for high strength bonding.

im thinking of drilling holes in the metal wheel around the perimeter and wrapping wire thru the holes and around the plastic wheel, once its glued in place.