Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Hybrid View

Marine Plywood in Tampa?

I can't seem to find a source for marine plywood in the Tampa, Florida area! Does anyone know where I might find it? The shipping cost to bring it in from elsewhere exceeds the cost of the material!

Thanks!

I live in Palmetto, Fl and have seen Marine plywood in Home Depot.

Marine Plywood in Tampa

Same problem here. I had to order it from across the state and will have to again. The choices here are very limited to mostly wholesalers who want blood and most of the material they do stock is garbage. If you do find a place to buy it,you will pay what you could have had it shipped for yourself.
    Same goes for suitable solid lumber as well. Hard to believe in a port town the size of this place with the amount of boating industry here.If there was enough people building boats here in Tampa,I would stock it at my shop.Your best bet would be to find someone else that is ordering material and maybe have them sneak a sheet or 2 for you in there order. Sometimes they get a price break over a certain number of sheets. I am going to be buying 13 sheets in the future but I dont know when or I would include yours in with mine.
    Are you building a boat or repairing one?

Quote Originally Posted by Philiphd
    I live in Palmetto, Fl and have seen Marine plywood in Home Depot.
    which home depot ? bradenton cortez ?

Most of the Home depots in Tampa have 1/2" marine ply about $50 per sheet. Also Cox lumber has some too. Intercity on Causeway has better prices on marine ply than Cox, and has more of a selection.

I have been looking all over and even looking for some decent exterior grade stuff, but am having trouble. I still need to try a couple more places, namely Robbins lumber.

OK. I think I was wrong about "most" of the Home Depots carrying it, but the one on Dale Mabry, by the stadium does (but only in 1/2"). Also, so Does Intercity Lumber on Causeway, and it is at a reasonable price.

Craftsman Supply on Bush Can get A-B and A-C marine ply for you and also Okume (3/4" - $107 and 1/2" - $75). I was looking for one of those in between grades, but he says after doing a bunch of research in the bay area, those are the only ones he can get.