Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Replies to posts

I am a new member to this forum and thanks to Noah's for providing the opportunity to contact other "amateurs" for discussion.
    I have noticed that unlike other forums I belong to - Cruising World & Rennlist-(a Porsche site)- the number of replies to posts here is very few or none and wondered if this topic has been raised previously?
    Is it a matter of insufficient members; lack of expertise; or just a reluctance to post. Any ideas?

Unhappy

Yep Deb, That seems to be my problem also. I asked a simple question about Latex Paint over fiberglass and still havn't received even one reply. I finally found my answer on the Glen-L forum. I noticed that there are many other questions that have not received a reply. The fellow that runs this forum is welcome to take my name off the registered member list because I don't think I will post again. At least you got an answer on this post. Trout

We do monitor the form on a regular basis and try to reply to questions that we can answer from our experience in either using the products, technical information from suppliers, or from informed customer feedback. If we are not able to reply with what we feel is a correct answer then we prefer to leave the question to other members to offer there opinions. This is after all a forum open to all.

Interests???

What are your interests? Noah's is a retail store and does a great job with their products and they have good people. They are not in the business of "chatting" but if your interest is in wooden canoes, try the WCHA at http://www.wcha.org/ You will find tons of help there...

Response to Paint Question

Quote Originally Posted by trout View Post
    Yep Deb, That seems to be my problem also. I asked a simple question about Latex Paint over fiberglass and still havn't received even one reply. I finally found my answer on the Glen-L forum. I noticed that there are many other questions that have not received a reply. The fellow that runs this forum is welcome to take my name off the registered member list because I don't think I will post again. At least you got an answer on this post. Trout
    I have restored a number of classic fiberglass boats and would never consider using latex paint as a finish. The best products I have used are the Interlux Brightside line of paints. I am also excited about the Interlux line called Perfection, a 2 part paint. Brightsides is fine for below the waterline on trailered boats, and provides a beautiful tough finish. Preparation is key to a nice paint job. I have brushed a number of boats, and using the right primer and keeping the are clean, the finish looks sprayed on. For boats spending more than a couple days in the water, use the 2 part system below the water line.