Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

"Redemption" - One Off Custom Contemporary

I've been working on plans for a super sized outboard 3 point hydroplane. I started contruction this winter. The boat is 16' long with 7' wide sponsons. The boat has a 4' wide tunnel from the sponsons forward, and then a tapering tail to the transom. The boat is being framed with mahogany, and oak. The boat will then be covered in mahogany plywood from Noahs. I'll use a one piece 16' length for the bottom so I wont have to scarf a joint, then 8 footers should handle the rest. Rear frames are done, and the first couple of sponson frames were laid out today and cut. I'll be dropping a 1971 1350SS Mercury (135 hp short shaft) on this. One seater. Wife and kids wont be riding in this one!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by crosbyboat; 01-21-2007 at 04:32 PM.

Update - 1/30/07

A couple of photos showing current framing status. Sponson bottoms and first stringer are in.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by crosbyboat; 02-04-2007 at 06:08 AM. Reason: More Progress

Nice progress being made there!

keep us updated.

Help please

Going to build sport hydro need 2 know where to buy wood for frame found plywood allready , also what kind of wood 2 use for frame so much info online gets to be confussing ,maybe u know where to get the best prices seems that ur making good progress on urs .