Varnish that offers the highest UV protection available.
Similar to Captain’s Varnish, but with increased UV inhibitors for the best protection against the sun’s damaging rays. Creates a durable, high-gloss, abrasion-resistant finish with high build and film depth per coat. Not for use below the waterline.
- Offers the highest UV protection available
- Can be built up to many coats for a deep, mirror-like finish
- Extremely durable finish
- Amber hue with outstanding gloss retention
- Recommended Usage: Exterior or interior, above water
- Formulation: Traditional alkyd, 48% solids
- Additives: Highest UV protection available
- Application Methods: Brush or spray (thin 20% for spraying)
- Drying Time: To touch: 2hrs. at 70°F; To overcoat: 18hrs.
- Number of Coats Recommended: Previously varnished: 2 or 3 coats; bare wood: 3 or 4 coats
- Color: Light amber
- Finish: Gloss
- Coverage: Brush: 112sq.ft./qt., 450sq.ft/gal.; Spray: 90sq.ft./qt., 360sq.ft./gal.
- Thinner: 120, Model 249961