S-1 is a two-part transparent epoxy sealer. Intended for marine use, it will act as a waterproof and chemical resistant primer on a variety of substrates including wood, concrete, metal, and fiberglass.
- Simple 1:1 mix ratio
- Ready-to-use viscosity, no thinning required
- Excellent wetting properties on most surfaces
- Applies by brush, roller, or spray
- Long pot life
- Strong adhesion to most substrates with minimal surface preparation
- Non-brittle even at extremely low temperatures
- No sanding required between coats up to 24 hours
- Resistant to salt air and water, and mild acids, alkalis, chemicals and solvents (Not unleaded gasoline-proof).
Wood: Seals effectively against moisture and oxygen, helping to protect against wood rot. Ideal for yacht interiors, shelving, cabinets, and furniture.
Ferro-cement boats (reinforced concrete): Excellent moisture barrier for bulkheads and decks.
Metals: Helps to prevent oxidation and chemical exposure effects including staining and tarnish.
FRP(fiberglass): Coat polyester laminates with S-1 to provide complete moisture resistance that the fiberglass laminate alone can't provide. Use as a first sealer step in gel coat blister repair, after the blisters have been ground out.