Noah's Photo Gallery

Our customers projects


applepsandprimerinside.jpg
166 viewsThe primer has now sat for a couple of days and is dry enough to sand. I'm using 220 grit disk.
00000
(0 votes)
applepsawdust5.jpg
164 viewsThe whole interior has had a coat of paint. This is the second coat for the non skid section. It certainly will be non skid. I will see what the texture is like after the paint has dried. If its too coarse I will sand down some of the high spots. So far so good though.
Its a shame that the 2 toned effect has disappeared with the second coat. It looked nice. I need at least another coat to cover the inside properly. At that point I might call it painted. The finish is not so perfect I'm afraid.
00000
(0 votes)
applepseatassembly.jpg
187 viewsI spent some time getting a pattern for the middle seat following the curve of the bottom.

Here I'm modifying the original plan to make a more substantial middle seat and to house the daggerboard and mast step. The parts have been cut and coated with epoxy.
00000
(0 votes)
applepseatbevel.jpg
171 viewsUsing my faithful Makita random orbital sander and 60 grit paper a bevel was ground on the underside of the seat pieces. This is to fit against the sides and ends of the boat that are not vertical but at an angle.
00000
(0 votes)
applepseatplace.jpg
181 viewsSeat assembly has been glued and is being tried for fit. Its a sticky dry run.
00000
(0 votes)
applepseatready.jpg
165 viewsMiddle seat has been cut and is being checked for fit. The middle seat allows a rower to move forward or backwards to balance if there is another person in boat or if a heavy load is being carried. The design calls for 2 sets of oarlocks.00000
(0 votes)
applepstripdone1.jpg
310 viewsAluminium strips have been installed on the Apple pie dinghy. I had rounded the bottom of the strips and I think it makes the aluminium look a bit odd at the end.
00000
(0 votes)
appleptack.jpg
169 viewsUsing thickened epoxy to tack between the wire stitches. (detail)

I put the weights in to help the boat take its shape and to wedge the tongue depressors keeping the edges in position. The little boat is supported at both ends but not in the middle. I have small gaps at the bow. I assembled the pieces corner to corner but it might have gone better if I had overlapped the parts. Corner to corner creates a gap that needs to be filled.
00000
(0 votes)
appleptogether.jpg
170 viewsRoughly stitched. Next step is to fine tune and tighten the wires till the boat takes its shape. It is on 2 garden benches. I used a pair of wire cutters and a few tongue depressors and a spatula. These help me position and move the parts till the edge corners are together. Some builders say to bevel the edges to have a flat piece but I just used the tongue depressors and used weight to position them properly. They only have to hold for a couple of hours until the epoxy has set.00000
(0 votes)
applepturnedover.jpg
167 viewsThe Apple Pie weights about 65 pounds and was easy to turn over. It was also quite rigid. the green tape marks the 6 inch intervals used to draft the boat.00000
(0 votes)
applepweight.jpg
On the Water187 viewsShe rows nicely and tracks well with a bit of weight in her.00000
(0 votes)
applepatdock.jpg
At The Dock208 viewsMy little pram sits quietly at the dock.00000
(0 votes)
36 files on 3 page(s) 3