Noah's Photo Gallery

Our customers projects


13s.jpg
216 viewsFinally put a second coat of resin on the bottom and on the first panel (garboard), and a first coat on rest of the boat interior. Looks pretty rough but I'm happy. Long day but lots to show for it.00000
(0 votes)
14s.jpg
199 viewsStern breasthook just fell in place perfectly without even a wimper. The boat is starting to look like an oversize fat canoe with the front and back breasthooks in place and no seats yet.00000
(0 votes)
15s.jpg
193 viewsCut the fiberglass about an inch larger than required and taped the edge of the second panel. I'm ready for resin. I've also cut and put aside the fiberglass strips for the front and back.00000
(0 votes)
16s.jpg
191 viewsI'm much smarter than I was when I did the inside of the boat. That's what you call experience. This time I worked a small area at a time applying resin as I go. When I run out I just measure another batch. I like this slow set feature.

Starting to apply resin to the bow of the Skerry
00000
(0 votes)
17s.jpg
187 viewsThe outside of the boat was much easier to work with than inside. Experience and positioning both added to make it easier to control the resin. Now everything has to set a little before I trim the extra glass and apply the strips front and back.

Heavy duty fancy extractor fan in the kitchen is showing its worth today. Its not really smelly but I don't like to take a chance.
00000
(0 votes)
18s.jpg
217 viewsThe outside of the Skerry gets 3 coats of epoxy. Here it is after the first overall coat. Its so magic to see the wood just come alive with the resin. Its a shame I'm planning to paint the outside of the boat. I think it would be just too much wood but I am tempted.

There are surprising few drips. I applied quite a thin coat. It needs to harden now for a couple of days because I'm planning some serious sanding on the outside next.

The Skerry has a pretty shape.
00000
(0 votes)
19s.jpg
201 viewsBending Gunwales00000
(0 votes)
20s.jpg
223 viewsAfter prebending the gunwales for 3 days I started installing them. I dry assembled the first 2. One scarf joint failed while I was adjusting the other side and since it was perfectly clamped in place with only a partial delaminate I just reglued it in place. The other side went on relatively easily. The shape was improved slightly. Side curves are more smooth. 00000
(0 votes)
21s.jpg
185 viewsStarted fitting the seats. I had not cut the front seat very well. I will have to check the plans. The middle seat was also too large. This is definitely a discrepancey between the plans and the measurements. The stern seat was relatively good and will go in with a minimum of coercion. They were all too big so I'm wondering if the plans I got had been reproduced / photocopied correctly.00000
(0 votes)
22s.jpg
195 viewsSanding stern00000
(0 votes)
23s.jpg
202 viewsFillets done and hole for flotation compartment00000
(0 votes)
24s.jpg
239 viewsMiddle and front seats00000
(0 votes)
39 files on 4 page(s) 2