Noah's Photo Gallery

Our customers projects

Last additions - Customer images added by Noah's
341 viewsThe barn where it was stored.
Jul 27, 2013
505 viewsThe boat had been in barn storage the past few years where a leaky roof filled the boat and caused some damage. Here's the last good picture of it in the water from a few years ago...

Jul 27, 2013
476 viewsJul 27, 2013
At The Dock208 viewsMy little pram sits quietly at the dock.Jul 20, 2013
On the Water187 viewsShe rows nicely and tracks well with a bit of weight in her.Jul 20, 2013
167 viewsThe Apple Pie weights about 65 pounds and was easy to turn over. It was also quite rigid. the green tape marks the 6 inch intervals used to draft the boat.Jul 20, 2013
170 viewsRoughly stitched. Next step is to fine tune and tighten the wires till the boat takes its shape. It is on 2 garden benches. I used a pair of wire cutters and a few tongue depressors and a spatula. These help me position and move the parts till the edge corners are together. Some builders say to bevel the edges to have a flat piece but I just used the tongue depressors and used weight to position them properly. They only have to hold for a couple of hours until the epoxy has set.Jul 20, 2013
169 viewsUsing thickened epoxy to tack between the wire stitches. (detail)

I put the weights in to help the boat take its shape and to wedge the tongue depressors keeping the edges in position. The little boat is supported at both ends but not in the middle. I have small gaps at the bow. I assembled the pieces corner to corner but it might have gone better if I had overlapped the parts. Corner to corner creates a gap that needs to be filled.
Jul 20, 2013
310 viewsAluminium strips have been installed on the Apple pie dinghy. I had rounded the bottom of the strips and I think it makes the aluminium look a bit odd at the end.
Jul 20, 2013
165 viewsMiddle seat has been cut and is being checked for fit. The middle seat allows a rower to move forward or backwards to balance if there is another person in boat or if a heavy load is being carried. The design calls for 2 sets of oarlocks.Jul 20, 2013
181 viewsSeat assembly has been glued and is being tried for fit. Its a sticky dry run.
Jul 20, 2013
171 viewsUsing my faithful Makita random orbital sander and 60 grit paper a bevel was ground on the underside of the seat pieces. This is to fit against the sides and ends of the boat that are not vertical but at an angle.
Jul 20, 2013
300 files on 25 page(s) 11