Noah's Photo Gallery

Our customers projects


Most viewed - 15' Skerry Build
11s.jpg
809 views I measured and rough cut the fiberglass cloth so it would be all ready. I then made a thickened epoxy mixture and smoothed out the bottom - first panel seam with a smooth fillet. The seam was pretty rough I'm afraid it might show up.

After trimming the epoxy cloth to size I made sure everything was ready for resin.Trimming fiberglass cloth to exact size.
3s.jpg
322 viewsCutting along the lines I drew. I bought a couple dozen saw blades and change them as soon as the cut starts to get messy. I found that a coarse metal blade works better than a wood blade. Its quite slow but does not leave a burr. It is hard to make a perfectly smooth line though and I'm hoping little jumps will sand out.

NOTE: because the joints get a bead of thickened epoxy (fillet) the edges are not visible in the inside of the boat at all.
1s.jpg
318 viewsThe Skerry is 15 feet long and plywood is only 8 feet so it has to be joined. Gluing the scarfs is a bit scary at first. I taped both sides of the joint then used wax paper instead of plastic wrap. It behaves better and doesn't stick to itself like plastic wrap does. I tried to make at least one of the 2 sides match perfectly. I'm hoping to fill and paint one side and keep the interior bright. I carefully unclamped while still a bit soft and cut off the epoxy that had squeezed out.
7s.jpg
260 viewsfinally managed to get the bulkheads wired in proper position. Not easy because the panels have to be coaxed and curved into position and its hard to do. My wires kept breaking and wood got a bit scraped on the outside.

Not really a problem because it will be painted but nerve wracking. I have a few gaps here and there and I will have to rely on the filling capacity of the epoxy paste more than I had hoped. The Skerry hull is quite symmetrical and well formed and I think that is quite important.
39s.jpg
Toronto Island Beach258 views
30s.jpg
241 viewsGunnels get 3 coats of resin, then 7 of varnish.

Back to my favourite, sanding. This time the inside gets the attention. Its harder to reach too. Eventually I put countless coats of varnish.

The covers for the buoyancy chambers get screwed in with waterproof goo in between.

I sprinkled some no skid finish in the last coat of varnish on the bottom and first board. I don't intend to put floorboards so its safer in a boat if its not to be too slippery.
38s.jpg
Cricket gives George a ride240 views
24s.jpg
238 viewsMiddle and front seats
37s.jpg
Here she is waiting patiently at the dock234 views
32s.jpg
rudder construction229 viewsRudder detail, Russian ply proved to be very good and I would use it again with no hesitations.
I have since made another hole on the opposite side to install a pull up string. See Below for details.
8s.jpg
226 viewsI started gluing between the wire ties. I was lucky and did not get any drips to the inside. It looks like a boat now and my family actually believes me. Everyone who has actually seen the boat have commented on how nice the lines are!
20s.jpg
223 viewsAfter prebending the gunwales for 3 days I started installing them. I dry assembled the first 2. One scarf joint failed while I was adjusting the other side and since it was perfectly clamped in place with only a partial delaminate I just reglued it in place. The other side went on relatively easily. The shape was improved slightly. Side curves are more smooth.
39 files on 4 page(s) 1